Hi,

In a Wicket application I have JQuery code that triggers after a
certain time of user inactivity. I need to tell server-side about
that inactivity. No problem, I thought, just issue an AJAX request.

Well, looking around I found several possibilities to do that as a
side effect, but no component at first hand that is made up for
that task. I thought that's strange, it doesn't sound as a remote
demand. So my question is about best practice for this use case.

Namely: I have a change on client-side that I want to communicate
to server-side. No changes in DOM are associated. Just like
triggering an AjaxLink where onClick() does not call any methods on
target. I know about the JavaScript function Wicket.Ajax.ajax() and
its arguments. My problem is choosing the right component server-side.

An AjaxEventBehavior would be the right thing, but I don't have a
component to attach it to. The worst solution would be a hidden
AjaxLink. IMO I simply need to establish a listener URL that
triggers some method, an URL that I can use in a Wicket.Ajax.ajax()
call -- but I don't find the Wicket component that supplies me with
that functionality.

How can I do that?
Or is my focus on the Wicket.Ajax.ajax() JS interface blocking my
view on another solution that's better?

I know my way around Wicket's code and documentation. Thus, a hint
like "start with class XYZ" would be very much appreciated, I don't
need a full solution with code. I'm surely missing something
obvious and would severely appreciate any help or tips.

Cheers,
        Joachim