Suppose you take the jQuery Table and style it something like this (in a
responsive web 'theamable' manner):
http://w3lessons.info/2013/05/13/gmail-style-message-inbox-design-with-jquery-css/

Suppose you integrate it in Wicket and have it functional and suppose you
want the following basic features implemented:
* SMTP/POP and IMAP support
  * Properties or settings screen to configure the basics
* Add Star / Unstar Messages
* Delete Single Message
* Delete Multiple Messages

One would have to handle a pretty good abstraction of the actual
interaction with the mail server which might or might not support all those
features. And if a feature is not supported it should be disabled.

I think this is at least a week's effort.