On 9/24/2014 4:28 AM, Martin Grigorov wrote:
> Apparently Wicket thinks the browser "back" button is an "undo" button.
> But in my mind it's not---it's a "back" button that goes to the previous
> page. If you're still on the same page but you've changed that page, then
> you see the new version of the page!

This is not 100% correct.
Going back will tell Wicket to load some previous page version. But it is
your code logic that decides what to show. If you use dynamic model then
you will ask the DB whether the current user is a friend with Jane Doe and
it will return the current state of affairs.
Wicket renders pages with cache disabled so #onConfigure, #onBeforeRender,
#onRender, #onAfterRender, onDetach are called and your application logic
decides what exactly to render.

So you're saying that if I'm careful to use all dynamic models (even overriding isVisible() for components to dynamically query whether they should be visible), then my web application will wind up with many versions of the same page serialized on disk somewhere, all with different URL queries, and the user can navigate among them, but when rendered they will all show 100% the same data?

Yeah, I definitely want to turn that off.

Garret