Hi Paul,
thanx for replying.

Oh, I use Ajax very heavily in this case. Thats why I said: "the panel
works quite good for ajax rendering and refreshing use-cases"

Hmm... ok... I think I missed some details. I try to explain.

My page contains two sections seperated from each other.
A kind of data-entry and a kind of displaying the results.

The section which displays the results is a quite complicated panel,
having an RefreshingView for about 30 (I will name them) sub-panels.

These sub-panels addOrReplace() an inner container while rendering itself.
And the replacement depends on my model object type.

So, my sub-panel class has a hugh knowledge about how to render the results.

On entering some data on the data-entry section I refresh the whole
panel in the display section with all its sub-panels using Ajax. And
this works great.
Some of the sub-panels also rerender/refresh own there own, by listening
to events etc pepe. All this behaviours are working very well.

The only disadvantage is, using addOrReplace(), I have a heavy
detaching/attaching situation and a performance problem.

So, the best solution for now would be, keeping my panel implementation
as it is, but just having my models detached only once, not for iteration.

And here I dont have any idea how to solve that... :-/

thanx and kind regards
Patrick