I am trying to check size of each of uploaded files, when there is more than
one file in one POST request.

While there may be other way to do so, it looks like fileSizeMax in
FileUploadBase, does just the right thing, aborting processing multipart
POST by throwing FileUploadException which causes a call to
Form.onFileUploadException.

I would like to use it this way, instead of a check after POST request is
parsed and files are copied to disk, but I don't see any way to propagate
the parameter in. Could it be that MultipartServletWebRequestImpl (which
creates FileUploadBase objects) has forgotten to propagate fileSizeMax
inside FileUploadBase?