Guten Tag Martin Grigorov,
am Dienstag, 20. Januar 2015 um 19:21 schrieben Sie:

> This is by design (
> https://github.com/apache/wicket/blob/master/wicket-core/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/Application.java#L944-L945
> ).
> The application name is used for internal caches, keys, etc. and it must be
> something stable and unique.
> If it was allowed to change it at any time then many things may break.

That's fine, but why am I not allowed to set it myself first?
WicketFilter could just test if it is already set and don't set it
than, it doesn't necessarily provide a better one. The problem
currently is only that it always wants to set it, even if I already
did using a custom constructor.

That's the only thing that doesn't make sense to me.

> I think the easiest thing to do is to export yet another JMX ObjectName
> with the custom name. See
> https://github.com/apache/wicket/blob/master/wicket-jmx/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/jmx/Initializer.java#L109

I had a look at that as well, but didn't understand what I could do to
change the implementation, as there doesn't seem to be any hook or
callback or whatever to change how the variable "domain" is created.
It always uses the application name.

Would I need to implement an own Initializer by overriding the
mentioned "init"? How would I register my Initializer to be used by
wicket-jmx then? I would prefer some way like it's now, either the
wicket-jmx gets deployed or not, so everything is as loose coupled as
now.

Thanks for any more details.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning