Hi,

JSR356 API jar is built with Java 7. This is the main reason why this
module is not part of Wicket 6.x.
If this single method is the only problem to use
wicket-native-websocket-javax:7.0.0-M4 with Wicket 6.18.0 then please
create a ticket in JIRA and we will make it public for 6.20.0.

I think 7.0.0-M5 (currently being in vote) is as stable as 6.19.0 (also in
vote). There were no API breaks since 7.0.0-M4 and hopefully M5 will be
released as 7.0.0.Final in few weeks. We need your feedback now! It is
"mite annoying" that most users don't want to even try it because of naming
conventions :-/

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov