Depending on your enviourment you can either use:

- Signed Java Applet
- ActiveX Control
- Browser Plugin
- Any other "active" technology

As mentioned earlier that is nothing specific to Wicket. And you should consider why you want to switch to a WebApp if you have requirements to start local processes. Another way would be to have a slim C# Wrapper that only contains a Webcontrol showing your wicket App and have an interface to do all "low-level-tasks" or you can deploy a service on the target machine that offers a REST Interface...

This all heavily depends on your usecase and will limit the portability and user-base of your WebApp in one or the other way.