Hi Maxim,

there are some examples in the wicket-examples project, which will be
released on http://www.wicket-library.com when wicket 7 reaches the final
state. You can have a look at the examples on github for now:

https://github.com/apache/wicket/tree/master/wicket-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/examples/media

To answer your question about the requirement of PackageResourceReference:
Good hint - the functionality is implemented in AbstractResource which is
used by the different resource types in the PackageResourceReference. We
can use ResourceReference as class member and not PackageResourceReference,
because it is only used for URL generation and "urlFor" of the RequestCycle
accepts ResourceReferences. Sorry for this unwanted limitation at the
current Milestone. I am going to change it this evening.

One thing to mention: If you write your own ResourceReference or use some
other ResourceReference's you have to implement the Content-Range support
by your own. See:

https://github.com/apache/wicket/blob/master/wicket-core/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/request/resource/PackageResource.java#L332

For the chunk-wise writing of data you can use PartWriterCallback:

https://github.com/apache/wicket/blob/master/wicket-core/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/request/resource/PartWriterCallback.java

kind regards

Tobias