Hi,

At first sight this proposal sounds natural and easy to implement.
But then we have to support the same for #setObject() and #detach().

Issues:
1) #set - do the application wants to set the model object or replace the
model itself ?!
2) #detach - Wicket will have to lookup the leaf object in #detach()
*always* just to see whether it is an IModel to detach it too. This will be
a cost that all apps should pay and very few of them will actually use.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov