I can send you my configuration, that works in my project with Wicket 7.1

It really is empty - because all configuration information is contained in
annotations above.

import org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter;

import javax.servlet.annotation.WebFilter;
import javax.servlet.annotation.WebInitParam;

@WebFilter(
filterName = "AppWicketFilter",
urlPatterns = {"/*"},
initParams = {
@WebInitParam(name = "applicationClassName", value =
"algoritmix.website.client.application.WicketApplication"),
@WebInitParam(name="configuration", value="development"),
@WebInitParam(name="filterMappingUrlPattern", value="/*"),
}
)
public class AppWicketFilter extends WicketFilter {
}