Hi,

It is not very clear what exactly is the issue.
As far as I understand the problem is that the Ajax call is triggered only
when you navigate to another form field. If this is the issue then try by
using OnChangeAjaxBehavior instead of AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov