Hi,

My answers inline

Here are few UI snaps of the application we had built using wicket.

> <http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n4675820/Artboard.png>
> <http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n4675820/20
> 16-10-17_08.png>
> <http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n4675820/20
> 16-10-18_08.png>
>
> Nice.

> The stack we had used to build this app are ..
>
> Wicket - Client
> Hibernate - Persistence
> ehCache - Caching
> Spring - to glue all pieces together
> MySql (AWS RDS)  - Database
> CXF - REST

Normally mount resource in Wicket for my limited REST like needs (mostly
get back some JSON)

> Jasper - Reports

For generating PDF I prefer flying-saucer and wicket

https://github.com/reiern70/wicket-flyingsaucer

> Open Flash Chart - Chart (Pending Migration to JS based)

Done that a lot on my own projects and it is pretty easy with wicket

> Overall meets the current requirement.
>
> The Top 3 problems we want to address are ..
>
> *1. Do not have URL for any document .. say Purchase Doc..  because it is
> nested inside component hierarchy.
> *

Yous mount a page that shows that "entity" and use the same panel if it
makes sense.

> We designed only the top level icon based navigation as Page based. Which
> means to navigate from one page to another we use
> setResponsePage.(newPage)..  For these pages we have URLs.  For the second
> level menu (black bar - below the icon menu) & internal tab navigation,
> going from list view to detail view etc we had use component replace .. by
> repainting the container with the new content.

Add a button see in a different page... as mentioned above. Wicket is not a
limitation there.

> cntr.addOrReplace(newComponent);
> target.add(cntr);
>
> 90% of user interactions are via this method. Hence we are not able to
> generate URLs for these internal UIs. If user needs to traverse to any of
> these, then they navigate to the page.. click menu.. click tab to navigate.

This is not enforced by wicket at all

> *4. It is getting bigger n bigger.. Need to avoid making it monolithic *
> We wanted to develop new features as micro services and slowly break the
> whole app in to..  For service layers we understand how to group
> functionalities.. for UI how to we break it in to multiple ? how to regroup
> them as single app for the user.

Something similar to OSGI? Or modules that contribute elements at some
points at the UI.

https://code.google.com/archive/p/antilia/wikis/OSGiPowered.wiki