I'd expect Wicket to complain (i.e. throw an exception) that you have added
a component in the Java code but there is no element for it in the HTML.
You need to remove <wicket:message> and add wicket:id="pageTitle" on the
<title> element.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov