On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 12:21 PM, Pedro Santos <pedros...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After reading the thread on Isis's mailing list, I'm under the impression
> that the best solution is to offer an API enabling users to configure how
> the disabled text field will be shown. My suggestion is to add the method
> TextField.showDisabledAsReadOnly(boolean) and to keep the current
> "disabled" attribute as the default presentation of a disabled text field.

Of course we can change the behavior in a major version such as 8.0.

That said, changing disabled to mean readonly doesn't sound like a
good idea as a general rule, only if the names convey different
meanings.

OTOH, I doubt adding a `setReadOnly` option to TextField is a good
option as well.

Martijn