> > Both your problems are easily solveable by using the page instance as
> > > "context".
> > > The TabbedPanel is an instance of a Java object that is somewhere
> inside
> > of
> > > an instance of a Page.
> > > Wicket provides org.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxNewWindowNotifyingBehavior
> > that
> > > can be used to notify the page that it is opened in a second browser
> > > tab/window.
> > > In its #onNewWindow() you can do something like:
> > > setResponsePage(getPage().getPageClass(),
> getPage().getPageParameters())
> > .
> > > This will render a *new* instance of this page with its own TabbedPanel
> > > where you will have different state.
> >

> > This does not (transparently) solve the issue with normal session
> > variables, such as filter etc. models in session. They are still saved if
> > session is the same.
> >

> It is not supposed to "solve" it.
> A HTTP session is something different.
> The HTTP session is per browser when you use cookie (JSESSIONID).
> If you use url-encoded jsessionid then you can have a http session per
> request if you want (not very useful though).
> I think you should ask in Sevlet container forums for this feature. It is
> one level before Wicket layer.

I believe this could be handled eleganlty inside wicket when request gets
session it could check for special wicket url parameter or http request
attribute and determine which "wicketsession" the request belongs to and
users's all wicketsessions would be stored in same http session but in a
way that wicket can keep separate wicketsession variables.

**
Martin