Hi Christophe!

Regarding (1): it sounds like you are not using models properly; Models are
what makes a component “dynamic” - they pull data from a source (which could be
a static string).
Can you show us some code?

Regarding (2): Can you show us the exceptions you get?
In any case you should be aware that you cannot re-render a hidden component,
unless you set its setOutputMarkupPlaceholderTag(true) method, ensuring that
there is always a HTML element to replace.
Another common solution is to re-render a container element which is always
present in the HTML.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Kind regards,

Bas Gooren