Hello Sebastian

That was a fast feedback!! I am impressed!!!

For 2) I would have to go and modify the code to get you the exact error.
What I was trying to point out was simply that if Ido not BOTH replace or
update the component (its state, its content) AND add to to The
AjaxRequestTarget ( target.add(myComponent) I get all sorts of malfunction.
So the question was really is this how it mut be done or am I missing something
important (after several years of Wicket programming, there would not be much
to be proud about!!)

This is an example (simplifed) to update the content of a text input field

public void setValue(String value) {
    // Some business logic
   //Then
            model = new Model<String>(value);
            field.setModel(model);// Does not add the field to the output stream
            if (getSession().getTarget() ) // If an Ajax event is being
processed the Target it came with is stored for the duration of said “process”
                getSession().getTarget().add(field); //If I dont do this the
content does not get updated on the browser
}

So my understanding is that, in the context of an event (intercepted by a
behavior) that comes “bundled” with an AjaxRequestTarget updating the component
(and possibly replacing it) is not enough for said component to be added to the
output stream. I must manuall do it via AjaxRequestTarget#add(Component).

Hence my 2 questions:
I am right?
What about mking this “automatic”?

If I am wrong please let me know