Hi Martin,

that was a typo on my part. I've been doing a lot more testing before I
replied to make sure things are as I say. This is what I am observing:

   - I have a 2 node tomcat cluster setup with apache balancing between
   them locally on my machine.
   - Testing with a very simple Wicket app I can see the replication is
   working fine when shutting down either instance.
   - Testing with our very heavy weight wicket app it sometimes work and
   sometimes does not.

Now the last point above I have narrowed down to our homepage. If I am not
on the homepage the replication seems to work ok. However if I am on the
homepage I always get a ComponentNotFoundException when failing over to the
other instance.
The homepage has an AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior which is called once the
page is rendered, this in turn adds to the the page a DataView containing a
lot of content and links. The user needs to be logged in before they see
the homepage, so the session is already setup.

I don't know what it is about this page that breaks the replication. Is
there anything around the ajax part that could do this? Any pointers would
be most welcome as it will be a long long task to break that page down and
do rounds and rounds of cluster testing

many thanks