First "workaround" that everyone should try whenever something behaves
wrong is to upgrade to the latest stable version! In your case this is
6.26.0.

If this doesn't help then try to reproduce the problem in a small demo app.
Share it somehow with us (JIRA ticket, GitHub project, ...) and someone
will either fix the app for you or fix Wicket!

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov