Please start new threads for new issues!

Double check that this particular component indeed renders its HTML element.
No matter what Java methods you call on the component it won't render if
the used HTML element is <wicket:xyz>. Depending on your MarkupSettings
this elements are usually not rendered.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov