Hi,

Component#onDetach() is called at the end of the request cycle.
MarkupContainer#removeAll() is not called usually during the request cycle.
#remove() merhods are like #add() - usually used by the application /
libraries, not by the framework.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
Looking for a remote position with Wicket ? Contact me!
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov