As I encountered the same problem as AliKhan,  I follow Martin's suggestion
to upgrade the wicket version from 7.10 to 7.12.  However, I still go to the
following code inside the bind() method when the session is invalidate.

                        // explicitly create a session
                        id = store.getSessionId(request, true);
                        // bind it
                        store.bind(request, this);

Session.java
        public final void bind()
        {
                // If there is no request cycle then this is not a normal
request but for
example a last
                // modified call.
                if (RequestCycle.get() == null)
                {
                        return;
                }

                ISessionStore store = getSessionStore();
                Request request = RequestCycle.get().getRequest();
                if (store.lookup(request) == null)
                {
                        // explicitly create a session
                        id = store.getSessionId(request, true);
                        // bind it
                        store.bind(request, this);

                        if (temporarySessionAttributes != null)
                        {
                                for (Map.Entry<String, Serializable> entry :
temporarySessionAttributes.entrySet())
                                {
                                        store.setAttribute(request,
entry.getKey(), entry.getValue());