In our experience these can be a mixed bag of expired requests, expired
links, incorrect back button presses (and links from stale pages), session
timeouts, etc.

We haven't been able to trace them either, if a solution exists, I wish it
was part of wicket core.

Using more human readable urls might help, identifying session and clicked
button and maybe page state, which could be later backtraced to determine
any inconsistencies.

**
Martin