Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Williamson [mailto:a...@octavo2.demon.co.uk]
Sent: 11 July 2014 16:06
To: users@ws.apache.org
Subject: CryptoFactory.getInstance("wss40.properties"); - in Wss4J 2.0.2

Hi,

NetBeans/JDK1.7 is telling me that I need to handle "unreported exception
WSSecurityException; must be caught or declared to be thrown" for this
invocation of CryptoFactory.getInstance.

However I can't make it go away by blindly wrapping it in a try-catch or by
throwing the exception as in the examples:

81      public EncryptionTest() throws Exception {
82              crypto = CryptoFactory.getInstance("wss40.properties");
83      }

If I try to reference WSSecurityException in the catch block it maintains
that it cannot be converted to throwable due to incompatible types.

java.lang.Object
  java.lang.Throwable
    java.lang.Exception
      org.apache.xml.security.exceptions.XMLSecurityException
        org.apache.wss4j.common.ext.WSSecurityException

Forgive me for what might seem like a very basic java question but why is it
complaining?

Thanks

Adrian