Your best bet really is to follow the release notes.  These document the
upgrade path fairly well.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of "Víctor A.
Rodríguez"
Sent: 02 October 2007 13:38
To: users@xwiki.org
Subject: [xwiki-users] Help on upgrade from 0.9.853

Hi all,

I've been using XWiki during this year and now I have a titanic task :
upgrade it to XWiki 1.1

Unfortunately I haven't found any document on how to upgrade, neither in the
site nor in the list archives, so I decided to transfer the MySQL database to a
new location (unsing mysqldump) and install XWiki 1.1 from scratch
(http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Installation#HInstallingtheXWikiWARmanually)

using MySQL 5.0 and Tomcat 6

After obtaining a " *Field 'XWD_ARCHIVE' doesn't have a default value"
error (and solved it thanks to
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-1702) a more obscure error appears
regarding some attributes and so.

I decided not to follow a trial an error path, and I'm  here asking for some
guide or guidelines to do this upgrade, or in case such a thing doesn't exists
beg for  some help from you all, and as a thanks gift offer to publish a mini
howto for upgrading XWiki from v0.9.x to 1.1.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Víctor A. Rodríguez (http://www.bit-man.com.ar) El bit Fantasma (Bit-Man) -
Algorithm junkie Perl Mongers Capital Federal (http://cafe.pm.org/) GNU/Linux