Thanks for your answers Vincent, and I understand them ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vincent Massol
Sent: mardi 11 décembre 2007 16:09
To: XWiki Users
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] [xwiki-devs] New xwiki.org web site

On Dec 11, 2007, at 3:55 PM, BOUSQUET Jeremie wrote:

>>> Halo,
>>>
>>> is the new (an beautifull) skin created only for xwiki.org or will
>>> be in
>>> standard instalation of XWiki Enterprise.
>
>> It'll be available for everyone in the near future. we need to make
>> it
>
>> generic, save it in SVN and package it but then this is done it'll be
>> made available to all as the main skin by default.
>
> Will the albatross skin still be available and maintained?

Several answers:

1) Well, XWiki is an open source project and we're accepting
contributions and even committers. So if anyone wants to improve and
maintain something just create a jira issue and attach a patch to it.

2) Now that said, it's true that so far the core committers have only
been maintaining one skin at a time and skins like dodo and finch are
not currently maintained by the committers (only by the contributors).

3) What we'd like to do in the future is to extract common code in
these 2 skins (albatross and the new one) and move that into templates
in order to make creating new skins very easy and easy to maintain.

4) BTW this new skin is based on Albatross templates so all templates
will be maintained de facto. The main different thing is the CSS.

Seen these answers, I think the answer is probably yes but then it'll
eventually depend on the committers and the community's help.