Le 21 déc. 07 à 17:43, Sergiu Dumitriu a écrit :
Actually, at the time, superadmin login failed... but after trying again
and a browser restart it worked as ROOT context... I'll use that for
now. Sorry for the wrong info.
That's good news.

As can see below, I have now managed to get as short x.org/bin/Main which is fair. Note however that the settings above are not enough there are still paths that use /xwiki or assume something such. I have seen two thus far:
- the WebSearch and LuceneSearch, in the path of the submit form
- the Class-Sheet, used in the class-editor, to create new instances

Had I not had
 http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=XWiki
(which I found with Google)
it'd be harder to stimulate me to make it work.

I tried to take it further. So for Tomcat, it meant to me to add, in the
web.xml:
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/skins</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
(on such for each subdirectory)
(and no servlet element with the corresponding name, it's inherited)

That's not enough. By default, the default servlet sends resources
starting from the webapp root, regardless of the mapping (and thus the
[...]

I suppose all this would be solved if the static resources are all served by an apache httpd instead of the servlet container. It'd be nice to suggest that no webapp-root-single-files should exist to ease this process.

paul