Vincent,

Yes! From a users point of view improving the following areas would make a
huge difference in useability:

* A super slick WYSIWYG editor providing similar functionality as offline
web page editors/word processors to enable users to easily and quickly enter
(and cut and paste text/images from Word, other web pages, etc) and
structure and layout the content on a page would help win over non-techie
users who don't like the wiki editor.

WYSIWYG java based web editors:
http://www.technobulls.com/2006/06/23/top-5-free-javascript-wysiwyg-editors/

For instance perhaps use an html editor like this with features added for
XWiki linking, etc:
http://www.fckeditor.net/ and http://www.fckeditor.net/demo
This editor supports cut and paste from Word. It could be offered as an
alternative to the current wiki and WYSIWYG editors?
A WYSIWYG editor doesn't have to translate everything to wiki markup does
it? - couldn't be a mixture of both to take advantage of both and existing
html WYSIWYG editors - of course it wouldn't translate over to edit in the
wiki editor - but would you need/want to?

* A flexible means to quickly customise a wiki skin (fonts/colours/page
layouts/menus/indexes/stats/etc) to be customised for a particular wiki site
without resorting to hacking css files would be useful.

* A wizard to install XWiki on apache tomcat or other and hook it into a
database would also help eliminate common setup/installation
issues/problems.

On another note - have you seen the wiki daskboard on wikipedia by PARC
research?

http://wikidashboard.parc.com/
and an example
http://wikidashboard.parc.com/w/index.php?title=United_States_presidential_e
lection%2C_2008&diff=183392068&oldid=9947884

Regards,

Richard