From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vincent Massol
Sent: lundi 28 janvier 2008 17:09
To: XWiki Users
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] Problems with Lucene lock (IOException) ...

On Jan 28, 2008, at 4:56 PM, Paul Libbrecht wrote:

This generally means that there's another process running and using it.

Here's a few avenues to solve that:

- shutdown your servlet container, see if the file is still there

- try with ps auxwww | grep java to see if there's a "ghost" process

- remove the file by hand...

I believe this is the result of a crash but I thought that Lucene had a way to
solve that in newer versions.

We have moved to the latest lucene 2.3.0 in 1.2.1.

-Vincent

In older versions of Lucene, for our ActiveMath platform, I used a different
locking mechanism which waits ten seconds and if no attempt-to-lock is removed
it is considered we can safely override the lock. Not very elegant.

paul