Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
> Yep, that's the value I'm interested in. If you can change the tomcat
> settings, can you you add -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1, restart tomcat and
> test again?

Hi,

Changes done and problem solved! The scrip is executed and the text
rendered correctly by adding -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 to JAVA_OPTS in
catalina.sh. Sorry for not being able to solve it by myself following
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Encoding

Now, xwiki.cfg reads...

xwiki.encoding=ISO-8859-1

And Tomcat...

System.getProperty("file.encoding"): ISO-8859-1
OutputStreamWriter encoding is: ISO8859_

No charset has been set for MySQL, so I guess it is running latin1 and
latin1_swedish_ci as default collation.

Don't you think that it could be advisable to write a warning somewhere
about the need of setting up the servlet container for a given encoding?
I've not touched this settings here, and what we get was a Tomcat
installation with MacRoman by default and the other one with ASCII.

Thanks for your help,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez