Indeed. You can create blog titles as long as you wish them to be, but the
best is to avoid any character outside aA - zZ & 0 - 9.
If you use spaces in your titles they will generate URLs such as
xwiki/bin/view/Blog/My+New+Blog+Article. The best way to keep URLs clean is
to ask your users to write MyNewBlogArticle as their title, and then change
it to something nicer.

One thing I find weird is that usually a js function is called to clean the
name of a page before the page is created to help prevent such problems as
the one you encountered... Can you check whether new blog posts name go
through the xwiki updateName() jc function ? Your life would get much easier
if they did, as in :

<form action="" id="newblogarticle" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="template" value="Blog.ArticleClassTemplate"/>

<input type="hidden" name="sheet" value="1"/>

Article Name : <input type="text" size="40" name="articlename" value="Your
blog article"/>

#NOTE HOW updateName() IS USED BELOW

<input type="button" value="Add this blog article" onclick='if (updateName(
this.form.articlename)) {this.form.action="../../inline/" +
this.form.space.value + "/" + this.form.articlename.value; this.form.submit();
}'/>

</form>

Hope this helps,

Guillaume