Chengmin Ding wrote:
> I am not sure if the following suggestion will help but it helps me
> solve a websphere portal related skin/theme problem recently.
> If there is any background tag or background-image defined after the
> background-image in your skin, the later background tag will overwrite
> your background-image tag defined previously. So you can try to use
> background instead of background-image to check or rearrange the
> sequence of your css file so your skin's tag is the last to fire on.
>
> -Chengmin

Thanks for the tip.

I think this was not the case here. The point was that all background
tags worked fine, but images where loaded from the base skin instead of
from the folder where the CSS for the customized skin is stored.

I've just upgraded to 1.3 and it is working fine now. I don't know why,
but it seems that any of the changes done between 1.3RC1 and 1.3
affected this behavior. Great! Although I've learned nothing :-(

I know skins and in general interface issues are hot issue right now, so
I will try to stop finding fancy solutions and keep an eye on
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/InterfaceExtensions :-)

Cheers,

Ricardo

--