Vincent,

I disagree, I think having a good starting place is excellent, but making it
difficult to extend is indeed dumb but not how you intended.  ;-)  So what
do you say to the guy (like me) that says, "XWS is great, but I need  __fill
in the blank____", Sorry Ollie, it is not intended to be for that!  I don't
think "only be able to add applications that we've packaged for them" is a
big arrogant for an open source project don't you think?  Think about it.
XWS is perfect...huh?  Does it have Invite..so how to you invite someone.
Does it have Todo?  Does it have ____ which are part of XE true enough but
making it hard to use them does what for you or for the people that would
otherwise use it and perhaps contribute back?