[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team wrote:
> Hi, me again...
>
> [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team wrote:
>> I thing I get the same result here. What XWiki release are you using?
>> What skin?
>>
>> I am able here to correctly show mind maps attached to the document
>> where they are going to be shown, but get an error while trying to
>> include a remote file. In my case firstly I get an access denied error
>> while the file is hosted in a free access remote web server, then the
>> same error you are seeing.
>>
>> Are you able to include this same man if it is attached to the XWiki page?
>>
>> I am using FreeMind 0.8.0 here and it seems a new 0.8.1 release is
>> available. I am guessing if it could be also possible to get an update
>> for the freemind.jar bundled with XWiki.
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7118
>>
>> I will try asap and keep this thread posted. Any feedback will be
>> welcome! Thanks.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ricardo
>>

> Take a look to the freemind macro (you can find it in
> /template/macro.vm. The applet always get an URL, either local or
> remote, so it can not be a problem of MindMaps stored remotely, but
> anything that is not doing well within the macro itself. So, if there is
> new *.jar could be great, but we must look for the problem at home :-)
>
> Here the macro code...
>
> *****
> #macro(mindmap $mindmap $width $height)
> #if(!$width)
> #set($width="100%")
> #end
> #if(!$height)
> #set($height="600")
> #end
> #if(!$mindmap)
> #set($mindmap = "")
> #set($mmurl = "")
> #else
> #if($mindmap.startsWith("http"))
> #set($mmurl = $mindmap)
> #else
> #set($mmurl1 = $doc.getAttachmentURL($mindmap,"download"))
> #set($mmurl = "http://${request.serverName}:${request.serverPort}${mmurl1}";)
> #end
> #end
> <applet code="freemind.main.FreeMindApplet.class"
> archive="${request.contextPath}/freemind/freemind.jar" width="${width}"
> height="${height}">
> <param name="type" value="application/x-java-applet;version=1.4" />
> <param name="scriptable" value="false" />
> <param name="modes" value="freemind.modes.browsemode.BrowseMode" />
> <param name="browsemode_initial_map" value="$mmurl" />
> <param name="initial_mode" value="Browse" />
> <param name="selection_method" value="selection_method_direct" />
> </applet>
> #end
> *****
>
> HTH,

As I know, unsigned applets cannot access random resources on the web,
but just from the original server, so there's no way an external file
would work. This is a security feature of the applets, and there's
nothing we can do about it.

We could have a kind of proxy on the server that fetches external
mindmap files and returns them to the applet, so, for example, instead
of using an external URL, we would use
/xwiki/bin/view/MindMap/FetchExternal?url=http://www.example.com/my.mm

But still, from the screenshot I see that Uwe's file was local, and not
remote. Could it be just a broken mindmap file?
--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/