Hi,

On Apr 29, 2008, at 4:51 PM, Kamna Jain wrote:

> Cool. That worked Vincent, except for a few Documents with Errors. The
> Import report says that few documents were with error and 1 document
> was
> skipped. Is it possible for me to find out why this might have
> happened?

Yes you can check the xwiki logs file (xwiki.log). The reason for the
error will be printed in there.

> Some Classes have not been imported and some users have not been
> imported.
> Also ".WebPreferences" did not get imported. In my wiki, this file
> does not
> belong to any space. even in the tree view of the Index, it shows up
> without
> any root (space). Is that how it is supposed to be?

This file is present in each space you have if you've made
modification to the space preferences through the admin.

> I tried re-importing but gives the same error.
> Do, you think re-exporting and re-importing might help!

No, you need to check the xwiki.log file to see what was wrong.

> also, as I understand it, in this case, if we make any changes or
> add new
> template files, we will have to copy and paste them into the Templates
> folder of the new wiki. Am I right?

Yes. You're not supposed to make any change to vm files or any other
file (css, js, jars, etc).

A good strategy re vm files is to use a skin inside the wiki and
override the vm files there although that won't prevent you from
having to merge with our changes if you want to benefit from them.

In general try to avoid making any change to vm files.