On Jun 18, 2008, at 3:49 PM, Lilianne E. Blaze wrote:

> Vincent Massol wrote:

>>> Well, yes and no.
>>>
>>> It does go against traditional wiki ideas, but it could be useful in
>>> Wiki-as-CMS scenario.
>>
>> Yes, I agree.
>>
>> Is the solution I gave good enough for you for now? I don't see any
>
> Yes I think. It's more of a suggestion than a need on my part.
>
>> easy and generic way of adding this to the core. Creating a new
>> "History Right" would be too complicated for this right now. I think
>> we need to overhaul our rights system so that it can scale and then
>> we
>> should probably add more rights (same as what JIRA is doing for
>> issues
>
> Will there be an option to make custom rights?

My full vision is that rights will be components in the new
architecture. An application (XAR) will be a set of pages but also
jars with components, external jars, skin extensions, interface
extensions. As such an application will be able to bring it Rights.
Actually exactly in the way jira is doing this right now. Thus the
Rights UI should be generic enough to accept any number of rights.
This is not the case right now and this is why I say we should make it
scalable.