Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi Lilianne,
>
> On Jun 18, 2008, at 4:04 AM, Lilianne E. Blaze wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> Is there a way to restrict access to past versions only to Admin and/
>> or
>> a selected "power users" group?
>
> I don't think this is possible out of the box. It also goes against
> the wiki principle of openness.
>
> Of course nothing prevents your from modifying the historyinline.vm
> file to add a check on rights. Or create your custom skin that
> overwrite the historyinline.vm file (easier for upgrades).

That only hides the links, but in order to really prevent access to history,
you must also change
the code for com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.xwiki.XWikiRightServiceImpl (or provide
your own RightService
implementation) to prevent accessing the /viewrev/ action.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/