Ok if we assume this is a good idea, then is it correct to assume we can
follow the Photo Album paradigm and create a class and sheet for favorites,
and then create a page that shows the favorites in a filtered list?  I
suspect the panel will only be for creating favorites while in a page and
adding the name and description before saving.

The list of favorites would be a page the user can get to from the panel.

Can I filter on the user that created the record of the favorites class?

Ollie