Hi Carmelo,
you can set the default language of your wiki in your wiki preferences. To
do so, click on the administration link at the top right, then click on the
"General" icon and replace "en" with "it" under Default language. This while
make italian your default language (please note that XWiki detects your
browser's favorite language and displays the page you're looking at in that
language if available, otherwise it uses the default language to display the
page).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Carmelo Saffioti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I successfully installed XWiki Enterprise 1.5.1.12494, now I'd like to set
> it up with the Italian language. I saw that it is possible to make XWiki
> multilingual, and I successfully translated some documents in both English
> and Italian... but is it possible to make Italian the default language, so
> that when users log into XWiki the "whole" site is already in Italian? I
> hope that there is a way to do that, otherwise I'll have to translate every
> XWiki page from English to Italian...
>

> I hope you can help me, thank you very much in advance
> Carmelo

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki
Skype ID : wikibc