I tweaked the test class a bit to conform the settings I have in my
"normal" wiki setup:

LDAP search:
baseDN=[cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

query=[null] attr=[[objectClass, uid, member, uniquemember]] ldapScope=[0]
{name=dn
value=cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore}
{name=member value=cn=a12345,ou=associates,ou=users,o=wlgore}
{name=member value=cn=a12341,ou=associates,ou=users,o=wlgore}
{name=member value=cn=a12342,ou=associates,ou=users,o=wlgore}
{name=member
value=cn=a12343,ou=partners,ou=non-associates,ou=users,o=wlgore}
{name=member value=cn=a12344,ou=associates,ou=users,o=wlgore}
{name=objectClass value=groupOfNames}
{name=objectClass value=Top}

I does now exactly the same LDAP search as printed out and it is still not
returning anything. Which methods are called when performing the
group-fetch? Maybe I used the wrong ones?
Did you have a chance to look into your code?

Thanks!
Thomas

"Thomas Mortagne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
19.11.2008 14:14
Please respond to
XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>

"XWiki Users" <users@xwiki.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [xwiki-users] LDAP Groupmembers not updated to XWiki-Groups

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Thomas Zwitanowitsch
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We're using Novell's eDirectory. I thought of the same thing that
> lowercase could be a problem. But on the other side the "member"
attribute
> is all lowercase - only "equivalentToMe" is mixed case. And I just tried
> it to only map it to "member" with no change.

Right you should get "name" at least. It's weird than you get the
"objectClass" attributes and not the "name".

I don't have more ideas of what can be the problem yet. Do the LDAP
user have right to list LDAP groups ?

> Here are the new logs:
>
> bstractXWikiMigrationManager  - No storage migration required since
> current version is [7351]
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - ldap_group_classes: [groupofnames,
> group, top, dynamicgroupaux, groupofuniquenames,
> groupwisedistributionlist, dynamicgroup]
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - ldap_group_memberfields:
> [equivalenttome, member]
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - Connection to LDAP server
> [heffalump.wlgore.com:389]
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - Binding to LDAP server with
credentials
> login=[cn=intranet_proxy,ou=proxy-users,ou=system,o=wlgore]
> password=[***********]
> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - Found user dn with the user object:
null
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - Ready to create user from LDAP with
> fields

last_name=sn,first_name=givenName,fullname=fullName,email=mail,ldap_dn=dn
> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Searching for the user in LDAP:
> user:tzwitano base: query:(uid=tzwitano) uid:uid
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search: baseDN=[]
> query=[(uid=tzwitano)] attr=[[sn, givenName, fullName, mail, dn]]
> ldapScope=[2]
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search found attributes:
[{name=dn
> value=cn=a12345,ou=associates,ou=users,o=wlgore}, {name=sn
> value=Zwitanowitsch}, {name=mail [EMAIL PROTECTED],
> {name=givenName value=Thomas}, {name=fullName value=Thomas Zwitanowitsch
> }]
> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - LDAP attributes will be used to update
> XWiki attributes.
> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - Updating existing user with LDAP
> attribues located at cn=a12345,ou=associates,ou=users,o=wlgore
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - Ready to create user from LDAP with
> fields

last_name=sn,first_name=givenName,fullname=fullName,email=mail,ldap_dn=dn
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - Groupmapping found:
> XWiki.XWikiAdminGroup
> cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - Groupmapping found: XWiki.MSOEGroup
> cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - Groupmapping found:
> XWiki.MedicalFabricsAdmGroup

cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - Groupmapping found:
> XWiki.MedicalFabricsGroup

cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - Updating group membership for the
user:
> tzwitano
> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - The user belongs to following XWiki
> groups:
> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.XWikiAllGroup
> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - All defined XWiki groups:
> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.MSOEGroup
> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.MedicalFabricsAdmGroup
> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.MedicalFabricsGroup
> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.TrillrAdmin
> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.TrillrUser
> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.XWikiAdminGroup
> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.XWikiAllGroup
> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Retrieving Members of the group:
> cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search:

baseDN=[cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
> query=[null] attr=[[objectClass, uid, equivalenttome, member]]
> ldapScope=[0]
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search found attributes:
[{name=dn

value=cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore},
> {name=objectClass value=groupOfNames}, {name=objectClass value=Top}]
> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Found group

[cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
> members :{}
> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Retrieving Members of the group:
> cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search:

baseDN=[cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
> query=[null] attr=[[objectClass, uid, equivalenttome, member]]
> ldapScope=[0]
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search found attributes:
[{name=dn

value=cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore},
> {name=objectClass value=groupOfNames}, {name=objectClass value=Top}]
> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Found group

[cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
> members :{}
> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Retrieving Members of the group:

cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search:

baseDN=[cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
> query=[null] attr=[[objectClass, uid, equivalenttome, member]]
> ldapScope=[0]
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search found attributes:
[{name=dn

value=cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore},
> {name=objectClass value=groupOfNames}, {name=objectClass value=Top}]
> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Found group

[cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
> members :{}
> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Retrieving Members of the group:

cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search:

baseDN=[cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
> query=[null] attr=[[objectClass, uid, equivalenttome, member]]
> ldapScope=[0]
> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search found attributes:
[{name=dn

value=cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore},
> {name=objectClass value=groupOfNames}, {name=objectClass value=Top}]
> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Found group

[cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
> members :{}
>

> "Thomas Mortagne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 19.11.2008 13:11
> Please respond to
> XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>

> "XWiki Users" <users@xwiki.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: [xwiki-users] LDAP Groupmembers not updated to XWiki-Groups
>

> By the way Maybe your already said it but which LDAP server are you
> using ? The attributes are lower cased by XWiki to not depends on the
> case of attributes when manipulating them. It's generaly not a problem
> for LDAP but maybe there a problem with the server your are using...
>
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Thomas Mortagne
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Thomas Zwitanowitsch
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Looks like it doesn't see the other attributes...
>>>
>>>  ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Found group

[cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
>>> members :{}
>>>  ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Retrieving Members of the group:

cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
>>>  ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search:

baseDN=[cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
>>> query=[null] attr=[[Ljava.lang.String;@178f36a] ldapScope=[0]
>>>  ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search found attributes:
> [{name=dn

value=cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore},
>>> {name=objectClass value=groupOfNames}, {name=objectClass value=Top}]
>>>
>>> Do you need the other lines as well?
>>
>> I just improved the log to see exactly what attributes names are used
>> in the search (in place of [[Ljava.lang.String;@178f36a]), you try the
>> last core jar at same URL.
>>

>>> Thomas
>>>

>>> "Thomas Mortagne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> 19.11.2008 11:34
>>> Please respond to
>>> XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>

>>> "XWiki Users" <users@xwiki.org>
>>> cc
>>>
>>> Subject
>>> Re: [xwiki-users] LDAP Groupmembers not updated to XWiki-Groups

xwiki.authentication.ldap.group_classes=group,groupOfNames,groupOfUniqueNames,dynamicGroup,dynamicGroupAux,groupWiseDistributionList,Top

> cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

cn=AUTH-IDV,cn=DriverSet,ou=IDM,ou=system,o=wlgore#1#{E21DA9D4-FD4F-944c-40BA-E21DA9D4FD4F}

http://maven.xwiki.org/snapshots/com/xpn/xwiki/platform/xwiki-core/1.6-SNAPSHOT/

>>> .
>>> You should get more informations on what append, this will help us to
>>> see what is the problem.

cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

[cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

> cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

[cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

[cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

[cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

> cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

cn=AUTH-IDV,cn=DriverSet,ou=IDM,ou=system,o=wlgore#1#{E21DA9D4-FD4F-944c-40BA-E21DA9D4FD4F}

> refreshed
>>> -

> XWiki

> XWiki.AllGroup
>>> -

> whole

>>> LDAP

last_name=sn,first_name=givenName,fullname=fullName,email=mail,ldap_dn=dn

> cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
>>>>>>>

> cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
> for
> following
> XWiki.MedicalFabricsAdmGroup

[cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

[cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

[cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

[cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

xwiki.authentication.authclass=com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl

> authentication

> LDAP

> used

xwiki.authentication.ldap.group_classes=group,groupOfNames,groupOfUniqueNames,dynamicGroup,dynamicGroupAux,groupWiseDistributionList,Top

>>> #xwiki.authentication.ldap.group_classes=groupOfNames,Top,groupOfNames

> object

xwiki.authentication.ldap.fields_mapping=last_name=sn,first_name=givenName,fullname=fullName,email=mail,ldap_dn=dn

xwiki.authentication.ldap.group_mapping=XWiki.XWikiAdminGroup=cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore|\

XWiki.MSOEGroup=cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore|\

XWiki.MedicalFabricsAdmGroup=cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore|\

XWiki.MedicalFabricsGroup=cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

> refreshed

>>> --
>>> Thomas Mortagne
>>>

>> --