I am not able to add any user to any group - however I sometimes get an
error that the user I try to add already is in the group, but I cannot see
it. The groups are all empty, even XWikiAllGroup.

Yes, I see this wouldn't make sense, but wanted to mention it as I am now
not even able to grant access with local authorization anymore... Only
superadmin works...

Don't have any idea what to do next. Any possibility to reset wiki,
without loosing content?

Do you think I should try 1.7M3?

"Thomas Mortagne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
21.11.2008 10:48
Please respond to
XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>

"XWiki Users" <users@xwiki.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [xwiki-users] LDAP Groupmembers not updated to XWiki-Groups

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Thomas Zwitanowitsch
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Actually I am not setting the GroupMemberFields at all - it's using the
> defaults 'member' and 'unqiuemember'. The user is the same as in wiki
and
> has read-access to everywhere.
>
> I found another problem. Since the upgrade from 1.5.2 to 1.6.1 I cannot
> access or see any members in any group anymore. Tried to delet and
> re-create with no effect. Maybe this is related?

What do you means ? All XWiki groups are empty ? Or the any XWiki
group page is blank ?

Anyway even if you have some problem on XWiki side it should not break
the call to LDAP search.

> Thanks!
> Thomas
>

> "Thomas Mortagne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 20.11.2008 20:06
> Please respond to
> XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>

> "XWiki Users" <users@xwiki.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: [xwiki-users] LDAP Groupmembers not updated to XWiki-Groups
>

> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Thomas Zwitanowitsch
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I tweaked the test class a bit to conform the settings I have in my
>> "normal" wiki setup:
>>
>> LDAP search:

baseDN=[cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
>> query=[null] attr=[[objectClass, uid, member, uniquemember]]
> ldapScope=[0]
>> {name=dn

value=cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore}
>> {name=member value=cn=a12345,ou=associates,ou=users,o=wlgore}
>> {name=member value=cn=a12341,ou=associates,ou=users,o=wlgore}
>> {name=member value=cn=a12342,ou=associates,ou=users,o=wlgore}
>> {name=member
>> value=cn=a12343,ou=partners,ou=non-associates,ou=users,o=wlgore}
>> {name=member value=cn=a12344,ou=associates,ou=users,o=wlgore}
>> {name=objectClass value=groupOfNames}
>> {name=objectClass value=Top}
>>
>> I does now exactly the same LDAP search as printed out and it is still
> not
>> returning anything. Which methods are called when performing the
>> group-fetch? Maybe I used the wrong ones?
>> Did you have a chance to look into your code?
>
> LDAP Authenticator use exactly the same method.
>
> The only things I see that could be different here are:
> - the user which is used to access the LDAP server
> - the case of the group members fields names. Are you using lower case
> ?

utils.ldapUtils.setGroupMemberFields(Arrays.asList("member","equivalenttome"))

>> Thanks!
>> Thomas
>>

>> "Thomas Mortagne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> 19.11.2008 14:14
>> Please respond to
>> XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>

>> "XWiki Users" <users@xwiki.org>
>> cc
>>
>> Subject
>> Re: [xwiki-users] LDAP Groupmembers not updated to XWiki-Groups
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Thomas Zwitanowitsch
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> We're using Novell's eDirectory. I thought of the same thing that
>>> lowercase could be a problem. But on the other side the "member"
>> attribute
>>> is all lowercase - only "equivalentToMe" is mixed case. And I just
> tried
>>> it to only map it to "member" with no change.
>>
>> Right you should get "name" at least. It's weird than you get the
>> "objectClass" attributes and not the "name".
>>
>> I don't have more ideas of what can be the problem yet. Do the LDAP
>> user have right to list LDAP groups ?
>>

>>> Here are the new logs:
>>>
>>> bstractXWikiMigrationManager  - No storage migration required since
>>> current version is [7351]
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - ldap_group_classes: [groupofnames,
>>> group, top, dynamicgroupaux, groupofuniquenames,
>>> groupwisedistributionlist, dynamicgroup]
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - ldap_group_memberfields:
>>> [equivalenttome, member]
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - Connection to LDAP server
>>> [heffalump.wlgore.com:389]
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - Binding to LDAP server with
>> credentials
>>> login=[cn=intranet_proxy,ou=proxy-users,ou=system,o=wlgore]
>>> password=[***********]
>>> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - Found user dn with the user object:
>> null
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - Ready to create user from LDAP with
>>> fields

last_name=sn,first_name=givenName,fullname=fullName,email=mail,ldap_dn=dn
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Searching for the user in LDAP:
>>> user:tzwitano base: query:(uid=tzwitano) uid:uid
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search: baseDN=[]
>>> query=[(uid=tzwitano)] attr=[[sn, givenName, fullName, mail, dn]]
>>> ldapScope=[2]
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search found attributes:
>> [{name=dn
>>> value=cn=a12345,ou=associates,ou=users,o=wlgore}, {name=sn
>>> value=Zwitanowitsch}, {name=mail [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>>> {name=givenName value=Thomas}, {name=fullName value=Thomas
> Zwitanowitsch
>>> }]
>>> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - LDAP attributes will be used to
> update
>>> XWiki attributes.
>>> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - Updating existing user with LDAP
>>> attribues located at cn=a12345,ou=associates,ou=users,o=wlgore
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - Ready to create user from LDAP with
>>> fields

last_name=sn,first_name=givenName,fullname=fullName,email=mail,ldap_dn=dn
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - Groupmapping found:
>>> XWiki.XWikiAdminGroup
>>>
> cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - Groupmapping found: XWiki.MSOEGroup

cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - Groupmapping found:
>>> XWiki.MedicalFabricsAdmGroup

cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConfig            - Groupmapping found:
>>> XWiki.MedicalFabricsGroup

cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
>>> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - Updating group membership for the
>> user:
>>> tzwitano
>>> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - The user belongs to following XWiki
>>> groups:
>>> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.XWikiAllGroup
>>> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - All defined XWiki groups:
>>> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.MSOEGroup
>>> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.MedicalFabricsAdmGroup
>>> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.MedicalFabricsGroup
>>> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.TrillrAdmin
>>> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.TrillrUser
>>> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.XWikiAdminGroup
>>> LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - XWiki.XWikiAllGroup
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Retrieving Members of the group:

cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search:

baseDN=[cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
>>> query=[null] attr=[[objectClass, uid, equivalenttome, member]]
>>> ldapScope=[0]
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search found attributes:
>> [{name=dn

value=cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore},
>>> {name=objectClass value=groupOfNames}, {name=objectClass value=Top}]
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Found group

[cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
>>> members :{}
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Retrieving Members of the group:
>>>
> cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search:

baseDN=[cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
>>> query=[null] attr=[[objectClass, uid, equivalenttome, member]]
>>> ldapScope=[0]
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search found attributes:
>> [{name=dn

value=cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore},
>>> {name=objectClass value=groupOfNames}, {name=objectClass value=Top}]
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Found group

[cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
>>> members :{}
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Retrieving Members of the group:

cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search:

baseDN=[cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
>>> query=[null] attr=[[objectClass, uid, equivalenttome, member]]
>>> ldapScope=[0]
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search found attributes:
>> [{name=dn

value=cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore},
>>> {name=objectClass value=groupOfNames}, {name=objectClass value=Top}]
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Found group

[cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
>>> members :{}
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Retrieving Members of the group:

cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search:

baseDN=[cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
>>> query=[null] attr=[[objectClass, uid, equivalenttome, member]]
>>> ldapScope=[0]
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPConnection        - LDAP search found attributes:
>> [{name=dn

value=cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore},
>>> {name=objectClass value=groupOfNames}, {name=objectClass value=Top}]
>>> ldap.XWikiLDAPUtils             - Found group

[cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
>>> members :{}
>>>

>>> "Thomas Mortagne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> 19.11.2008 13:11
>>> Please respond to
>>> XWiki Users <users@xwiki.org>

>>> "XWiki Users" <users@xwiki.org>
>>> cc
>>>
>>> Subject
>>> Re: [xwiki-users] LDAP Groupmembers not updated to XWiki-Groups
>>>

>>> By the way Maybe your already said it but which LDAP server are you
>>> using ? The attributes are lower cased by XWiki to not depends on the
>>> case of attributes when manipulating them. It's generaly not a problem
>>> for LDAP but maybe there a problem with the server your are using...

[cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

baseDN=[cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]
>>> [{name=dn

value=cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore},

xwiki.authentication.ldap.group_classes=group,groupOfNames,groupOfUniqueNames,dynamicGroup,dynamicGroupAux,groupWiseDistributionList,Top

> xwiki.authentication.ldap.group_classes=groupOfNames,Top,groupOfNames

> cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

cn=AUTH-IDV,cn=DriverSet,ou=IDM,ou=system,o=wlgore#1#{E21DA9D4-FD4F-944c-40BA-E21DA9D4FD4F}

http://maven.xwiki.org/snapshots/com/xpn/xwiki/platform/xwiki-core/1.6-SNAPSHOT/

>> cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

[cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

> cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

[cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

[cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

[cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

> cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

cn=AUTH-IDV,cn=DriverSet,ou=IDM,ou=system,o=wlgore#1#{E21DA9D4-FD4F-944c-40BA-E21DA9D4FD4F}

>> the
>>> refreshed

> commit

>>> XWiki

>>> XWiki.AllGroup

>>> whole

>> with

last_name=sn,first_name=givenName,fullname=fullName,email=mail,ldap_dn=dn

> cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore
>>> for
>>> following
>>> XWiki.MedicalFabricsAdmGroup
XWiki.MedicalFabricsGroup

[cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

[cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

[cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

[cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore]

xwiki.authentication.authclass=com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl

>>> authentication

>>> LDAP
>> from

>>> used

>> used

xwiki.authentication.ldap.group_classes=group,groupOfNames,groupOfUniqueNames,dynamicGroup,dynamicGroupAux,groupWiseDistributionList,Top

> #xwiki.authentication.ldap.group_classes=groupOfNames,Top,groupOfNames

> xwiki.authentication.ldap.group_memberfields=member,equivalentToMe

>>> object

xwiki.authentication.ldap.fields_mapping=last_name=sn,first_name=givenName,fullname=fullName,email=mail,ldap_dn=dn

> XWiki
>> created.

xwiki.authentication.ldap.group_mapping=XWiki.XWikiAdminGroup=cn=Admin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore|\

XWiki.MSOEGroup=cn=MSOE,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore|\

XWiki.MedicalFabricsAdmGroup=cn=MedFabAdmin,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore|\

XWiki.MedicalFabricsGroup=cn=MedFabUser,ou=XWiki,ou=Corp,ou=Links,ou=extranet_access,ou=groups,o=wlgore

>>> refreshed

>>> --
>>> Thomas Mortagne
>>>

>> --