I've upgraded from Xwiki enterprise 1.3.2 to xwiki enterprise 1.6.1 on Linux
Centos distro using kernel 2.6.18-53.1.21.el5.

The upgrade has been performed as described in the documenation. In
principle removing the old xwiki dir and copying the contents of the new
1.6.1.WAR i9 in /opt/xwiki and making changes to the xwiki.cfg file. I
couldn't copy the old xwiki.cfg from the installed 1.3.2 because the
contents has changed between 1.3.2 and 1.6.1. The hibernate.cfg.xml however
hasn't changed between 1.3.2 and 1.6.1. Hence I could copy the old
hibernate.cfg.xml file to the WEB-INF dir of 1.6.1.

After the upgrade everything seemed OK. The content was still there as were
the created users and spaces. As version nummer 1.6.1 instead of 1.3.2 was
shown in the footer of each page. As of version 1.5 there is a new
Aministration application which afaik is bundled with xwiki enterprise. The
url is <url>/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences. When I try to access
this page on my upgraded system I get the message "The administration
application is not installed. Since XWiki Enterprise 1.5 the Administration
is distributed as an application. You can download it from
http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/AdministrationApplication.";.
I've double checked it on my windows system with Stable:
xwiki-enterprise-installer-windows-1.6.1.exe. When entering the url I get
the new Administration tool. At this moment I can't  admin my xwiki system.

PS. I did the upgrade at least twice. The first install was performing the
upgrade manually, the second time I used a shell script to make sure I
didn't make mistakes. In both cases I got the same results.

Unless I interpret things the wrong way something is wrong with my upgraded
system. Any help is very much appreciated.

Jan