underbad wrote:
> Sorry being a pain..
> Is there no way of avoiding this?  It effectively stops me from upgrading
> past my current version of xwiki.

You shouldn't need this at all. Why are you saying it is not working?
Programming rights are lost in three cases:

1. You save the affected document with a user without programming rights
(in which case you are intentionally removing rights)
2. You delete the user who provided programming rights to the document
(and you just need to re-create the user, not save all the documents)
3. You delete the rights from that user (and you just need to re-add
those rights)

Make sure it isn't only a cache problem, try restarting the wiki after
you import the new data and set the proper rights.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/