On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu <ser...@xwiki.com> wrote:
> underbad wrote:
>> Sorry being a pain..
>> Is there no way of avoiding this?  It effectively stops me from upgrading
>> past my current version of xwiki.
>
> You shouldn't need this at all. Why are you saying it is not working?
> Programming rights are lost in three cases:
>
> 1. You save the affected document with a user without programming rights
> (in which case you are intentionally removing rights)
> 2. You delete the user who provided programming rights to the document
> (and you just need to re-create the user, not save all the documents)
> 3. You delete the rights from that user (and you just need to re-add
> those rights)

It reminds me a problem I had once. When the importer overwrite a page
it first delete it,  and when the XWiki.Admin user is deleted its
XWiki.XWikiAdminGroup membership is deleted too.
In this case, when you import the XWiki.Admin user by mistake you can
have to put it in the XWiki.XWikiAdminGroup again.

JV.