Hi Lee,

Since we had issue with our old wysiwyg editor we've decided to
rewrite it from scratch. There's a preview version of the new editor
in 1.7.1 but it's not perfect and I'd suggest you wait till 1.8M1 is
released (on Monday) before trying it out. It'll be final for the 1.8
final release which is planned for March 2009.

To use the new editor, edit in wiki mode, select 2.0 syntax in the
Information panel on the right and save. The next time you hit edit
it'll use the new editor.

Note that in 1.8M1 there's the first version of an automatic converter
from xwiki 1.0 syntax to xwiki 2.0 syntax.

Let me know if this is still not clear
-Vincent