 From: users-boun...@xwiki.org [mailto:users-boun...@xwiki.org]on
Behalf
 Of Mike A.
 Sent: 29 January 2009 13:49
 To: XWiki Users
 Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] table border color - XE 1.8M1
 "Also noted that the table gets centred on the page - can't seem to
 left or"
 Have you tried setting margin to 0 in style? It can't be a bug,
it's
 all about style how's table being positioned.
 Quoting Marius Dumitru Florea : Hi,
 goldring, richard wrote:
 > Yes I concurr - my users would find the WYSIWYG table border
 editing very
 > useful, plus sizing of tables.
 > Also noted that the table gets centred on the page - can't seem
 left or
 This seems like a bug. Maybe you can open a jira issue and specify
 there
 which are the steps to reproduce.
 > right justify it. Also can't insert tables within tables. Also
the
 bulleting
 > breaks when switching between the WYSIWYG editor and the wiki
 editor.
 In 1.8M1 the XWiki 2.0 syntax doesn't support block level elements
 (like
 lists or tables) inside table cells. By 1.8 final we'll have a
 syntax
 for (so called) embedded documents which will allow us to have
block
 level elements inside table cells and list items. Till then we have
 face this limitation.
 Marius

 Behalf
 > Of Marius Dumitru Florea
 > Sent: 28 January 2009 16:59
 > To: XWiki Users
 > Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] table border color - XE 1.8M1
 >

 > Sebastian Kannengiesser wrote:
 >> Thanx guys for your responses,
 >>
 >> despite the problem that automatic switching between syntax 1.0
 and
 >> syntax 2.0 does not work here (just via deleting content and
 saving
 >> empty document with new syntax setting works), with Syntax 2.0,
 i.e.
 >> the "new" wysiwyg editor, I don't have a right-click popup menu
 >> anymore to set table properties at all or is there a new way to
 do

 > At this moment you cannot change the table border using the new
 WYSIWYG
 > editor. Unfortunately, AFAIK, this feature hasn't been planed for
 1.8.
 > You can open a JIRA issue and we'll handle it in the 1.9 time
 span.
 > Until then you can still style your table with the XWiki 2.0
 syntax,
 > from the Wiki editor, by writing something like:
 >
 > (% style="background-color: gray;" %)
 > |= foo|=bar
 > |(% style="font-size:24pt;" %)a|(% class="loading" %)b
 >
 >> this. Sorry guys, for my many problems, but I think these are
 some
 >> very elemental Wiki features that I just can't get to work by
 using my
 >> intuition. Help is really appreciated. I plan to convince my
 company
 >> of using XWiki in a large style, but these features just have to
 work.

 > We'll try to make this features available as soon as possible.
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Marius
 >
 >> Many thanx.
 >>
 >> Cheers,
 >> Sebastian
 >>
 >> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea
 >>  wrote:

 >>> The old WYSIWYG is enabled for XWiki 1.0 syntax (which you're
 using). To
 >>> try the new one you have to switch to XWiki 2.0 syntax.
 >>>
 >>> Hope this helps,
 >>> Marius

 (using

should

 > Thales UK Ltd (Wells) DISCLAIMER: The information contained in
 this e-mail
 > is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. It is
intended
 only for
 > the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is
 > unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose,
 copy,
 > circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information
 contained in
 > this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. We may
monitor
 all
 > e-mail communications through our networks. If you have received
 this e-mail
 > in error, please inform us immediately on sender's telephone
 number above
 > and delete it and all copies from your system. We accept no
 responsibility
 > for changes to any e-mail which occur after it has been sent.
 Attachments
 > to this e-mail may contain software viruses which could damage
 your system.
 > We therefore recommend you virus-check all attachments before
 opening.
 > Thales UK Ltd. Registered Office: 2 Dashwood Lang Road, The
Bourne
 Business
 > Park, Addlestone, Weybridge, Surrey KT15 2NX Registered in
England
 No.
 > 868273
 Best regards, Mike