Hi Jens,

Schacht, Jens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started testing XWiki Enterprise 1.7.2.16857 and have decided to only
> use the xwiki/2.0 syntax. Therefore I changed the appropriate entry in
> xwiki.cfg:
>
>       xwiki.rendering.syntax = xwiki/2.0

AFAIK there's no "xwiki.rendering.syntax" parameter, but:

#-# [Since 1.6RC1] Defines the list of supported syntaxes
#-# Available syntaxes are:
#-#    xwiki/1.0, xwiki/2.0, confluence/1.0, jspwiki/1.0, creole/1.0,
mediawiki/1.0, twiki/1.0, xhtml/1.0, html/4.01
xwiki.rendering.syntaxes = xwiki/1.0, xwiki/2.0

This parameter controls the list of syntaxes that appear in the Page
Syntax combo box on the Document Information panel. You have to change
the syntax for each page you create if you want it to be in XWiki 2.0,
and from the wiki editor because otherwise the Page Syntax combo box is
disabled.

> Then I restarted XWiki and all worked well (Wiki and WYSIWYG mode).  I
> think the syntax name was shown in the right column. That was yesterday.

I doubt it.

> Today the behaviour has changed. The syntax name isn't shown in the
> right column. I get the old WYSIWYG editor. In Wiki mode the 2.0 syntax
> isn't recognized. Instead I have to use the 1.0 syntax.
>
> What has happened? Is there any solution?
>
> Also I have a problem with the WYSIWYG editors. I would expect to create
> standard wwiki syntax using it (e.g. "1 header" or "= header"). Instead
> HTML code like "<h1>header</h1>" is created? Why?

The new editor generates the proper heading syntax. You just have to
change the page syntax to XWiki 2.0 from the wiki editor. If you don't
have the XWiki 2.0 syntax in the Page Syntax combo box then make sure
you have it in xwiki.cfg:

xwiki.rendering.syntaxes = xwiki/1.0, xwiki/2.0

Hope this helps,
Marius