Well, I am completely confused. I have exactly the same problem;
UBUNTU/JBOSS/XEM1.6

I had a default setup of XE working, deleted it and then did exactly the
same things except using XEM 1.6 and allowing all privs on the MYSQL
database. If I swap to the deployment of XE, works fine. It doesn't seem
to matter how I hit the server with XEM running, IP address, fully
qualified name, name with www., name with xwiki. I still get no wiki
exists.

Something happens, as the empty database gets populated with tables, but
that seems to be it. The xwiki.log seems to have a lot of entries
relating to lucene errors, but none of that makes sense either.

These seem to start with sonething like:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/jboss/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/xwikisvr/work/jboss.web/localhost/xwik
i/lucene/segments_2 (No such file or directory)

This file doesn't exist, but the rights to create it if needed do. There
is a segments_1 created in this location

I have a question?
'add the right hosts to the main wiki's descriptor', what? And how?

Would it be possible to explain a little better, I just don't get what
you mean, and I have seached xwiki.org and in the group but cannot seem
to find anything that makes sense. I just want to load the default .xar
and get started creating a couple of wikis.

Dean Sellers applications engineer
rinstrum smart weighing
Ph: +61 7 3216 7166  Fax: +61 7 3216 6211
dean.sell...@rinstrum.com
41 Success St, Acacia Ridge, QLD, 4110

www.rinstrum.com

d=2514E27DF3.A5F28