Hello friends,
Some time back I had asked the question on connecting XWiki to an external
database. My organization had some special requirements & they wished that
the other database would be seperated from the main XWiki database.
I was able to figure out how to go about doing this. However, my solution
follows the simple JSP design pattern.
Basically, I retrieve parameters from one page and push it to another page
using html form (with the action tag) which in turn pushes the data to the
database.
It is very primitive when compared to the nature and complexity of XWiki
itself but serves the purpose.
The scripting is done in velocity and groovy. Also, the pages are secured
through XWiki's rights feature. So a normal user can only see the page,
enter data on the page but not edit it.
I request you to let me know if there is a better way of doing it. If need
be I can paste my scripting code in the mailing list.
However, I have not worked with Struts & do not know how to go about making
changes at the source level. And eventhough I have just started using
Groovy, I really like the ease of use. Is there a way that we can put in
groovy or Java class files that will hide the scripting even at the XWiki
page level.
Thank you friends...